Tuesday, November 14, 2017

DIY Recipe of the Week {Chemical Free Home}

What's in your cabinets?   

Why am I passionate about getting the yuck out of my home?  Because I don't want to be in constant pain because my Endo is flaring up.  I know, it's pretty selfish, but it's the catalyst for change in my home.  For me, essential oils are another rug on my Healthy Living Ladder.  It's something that I'm choosing to do to help my family.
You can read more about that here

Did you know that 26 seconds after exposure that chemicals are found in measurable amounts in the human body?    

Did you know that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health studied 2,983 ingredients in our products at home—and found 884 toxic ingredients? 

This is where I share with you that I have cystic acne.  Like, really bad cystic acne.  It crops up every month, around the same time even though I'm menopausal, in the same spot - my chin.  As a teenager, I had really bad acne that carried on into my adulthood.  It's pretty much minimized to this cyclical cystic acne now.  It's not fun, folks.  I'm in my 40's!  I shouldn't be battling acne and wrinkles.   

 
I also have two teenaged boys who are also developing acne and I wanted to come up with something to help them out (and me), so this is the concoction that I came up with.  I store it in an amber bottle with a dropper.  Now, when I have a particularly evil bout (all inflamed and painful) I typically just put the essential oil right on the area.  I've used Frankincense successfully as well as the Thieves blend as well.  But, this blend, is more for daily use.  I use this oil blend at night, first I cleanse my skin and use a toner (this), then I put on the oil blend. 

Anti-Acne Oil Blend
2 T. Jojoba Oil
8 drops of Frankincense Oil
3 drops of Vitamin E Oil
3 drops of Lavender Oil    

Mix it all together and place in a dark bottle with a dropper top.  

Why it works?
Jojoba Oil -  it does not clog pores, it is rich in iron which helps to fight bacterial growth, it also smooths wrinkles
Frankincense Oil - it is a powerful astringent, it may help tighten skin
Vitamin E Oil - it has antioxidant properties, it has anti-inflammatory properties
Lavender Oil - it may assist with calming inflammation, it may assist with the healing process



*I only uses Young Living Essential Oils for me and my family. Young Living is the only essential oil company that has a Seed to Seal Guarantee, so I know that the oils I am using for my family are pure and unadulterated.  If you would like to start your own oily journey and start living above the wellness line click here and choose "Member" to get started today or go to www.youngliving.com and follow these simple steps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.