Tuesday, November 7, 2017

DIY Recipe of the Week {Chemical Free Home}

What's in your cabinets?   

Why am I passionate about getting the yuck out of my home?  Because I don't want to be in constant pain because my Endo is flaring up.  I know, it's pretty selfish, but it's the catalyst for change in my home.  For me, essential oils are another rug on my Healthy Living Ladder.  It's something that I'm choosing to do to help my family.
You can read more about that
 here

Did you know that 26 seconds after exposure that chemicals are found in measurable amounts in the human body?    

Did you know that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health studied 2,983 ingredients in our products at home—and found 884 toxic ingredients? 


Let's talk Vapor Rub
 

Nope, not even going to use that stuff.  But, I need something for me and my kids.  Now, my children are older (18, 13, 4), they are not babies.  So, this is the part of the blog post where I tell you to do your own research on what oils are safe for young children and babies prior to making this recipe.  I consider this safe for all three of my children to use.  BUT you need to do your own research to determine if it is safe for yours.  

With fall very much so here and winter right around the corner, I need something on hand for when the usual congestion starts to creep in.  I do my best to nip this by diffusing certain oils during the day and at night to support everyone's systems, but, germs happen.  You know, when you go out into the un-oiled world (lol).  And when those germs decide to latch on to someone in my home, I need to make sure that that person is being supported in their health needs and to make sure that no one else catches what they have.  In comes this vapor rub stick.  

I like storing this for quick and easy use in a deodorant container or simply in a mason jar if you don't have an old deodorant container to recycle.  

Ingredients
  
  • 1/2 cup almond oil
  • 2 tablespoons of shaved beeswax 
  • 15 drops of  Eucalyptus Oil 
  • 15 drops Peppermint Oil 
  • 5 drops Rosemary Oil 
  • 5 drops clove oil 
How to make it
  • We are double boiling!  Get that pot with water going at a rapid boil and put a heat safe bowl in the pot (you want it to sit on top of the rim of your pot, not submerged in the water).  Put the beeswax and almond oil in the bowl and melt together   
  • Remove from heat (turn off the burner and let the water stop boiling)
  • Add the essential oils listed above
  • Stir well until mixed
  • Put into your container of choice (I like old deodorant sticks)  

*I only uses Young Living Essential Oils for me and my family. Young Living is the only essential oil company that has a Seed to Seal Guarantee, so I know that the oils I am using for my family are pure and unadulterated.  If you would like to start your own oily journey and start living above the wellness line click here and choose "Member" to get started today or go to www.youngliving.com and follow these simple steps


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.