Friday, September 8, 2017

The End is Just The Beginning, Right?

I wanted to do a recap of the final Chicago Listen to Your Mother show oh, way back in May.  Sorry, life kind of happened and I had to relocate to Texas for a little over six weeks.  BUT here I am with a short recap of the 2017 Chicago Listen to Your Mother show.

IT WAS AMAZING

Of course it was.

I have no videos to share with you as they are not releasing videos of the 2017 show.  But I do have a few photos.


So, I volunteer to car pool because

  1. I'm a teetotaler (I'll be your designated driver)
  2. I'm also a control freak (I can't stand being a passenger in anyone's car)
  3. I hate being late to anything (Ask me about being late to Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt & Uncle's who lived a 1/4 mile from my childhood home)
And these gals pictured above and fricking awesome!  

Sydney stole my heart in 2016 with the piece "When My Butterfly Gave Me Wings".  I love this lady so much.  I cried like a baby when she was reading her piece.  I had lost my mom July 1, 2015 and I was still undergoing chemotherapy treatments when I attended the 2016 LTYM show.  I was an emotional mess.  Sydney though, man, I got her - I so got her. I am so grateful to know her and have her in my life.   




Megan and I often joke about the ratio of people who live in Frankfort, IL and have been in a LTYM show.  Three of us.  That's pretty impressive with how far south of Chicago we are and how small of a place we are coming from.  And, the three of us represented Frankfort five times.  It's okay, I'm bad at math too.  
Anyway, Megan - she bared her soul about post-partum depression in her piece "Bruised Apples" and I could not stop thinking about her words.  "She got it" was what I kept saying to myself over and over again.  Having experienced post-partum depression with my second son I just kept nodding over and over again as she shared her story.  I so wanted to give her a hug and thank her.    

 
Kathy is a positive force that I cannot help but smile whenever a post of hers pops up on my Facebook feed. Her positive nature oozed out with her piece "We Are Moms" and she truly embodies bereaved and blessed.    


Pamela and I were in the 2015 Chicago Listen to Your Mother show.  Pam has a strength about her that's amazing.  It comes through in everything that I've witnessed her do.  Here is Pam with "Best Laid Plans".



That's a car full of greatness right there folks!  And I know all of those women, how amazing is that?  

I am so sad Listen to Your Mother ending.  I have learned so much and grown so much because of my experiences with the show.  I've met so many amazing people and made some really great friends along the way.  I'm sad because that opportunity is ending and others will not be given that same opportunity.  For me, it was life changing.  

Balee Images., LLC
This photo does not include every cast member from 2012-2017, but it includes many of them.  And, I'm so grateful that this photo exists.  From the 2017 cast, my friend Brandie and her daughter Emma took the stage to do a duet and it was so good!  Oh my word, so, so good.  Also, my friend Natasha took the stage - she actually owned that stage - and that lady's laugh!  It's contagious.  

This may have been the final show but it's not the last time we will all get together.  And I'm so grateful for that.  

6 comments:

  1. Love, love this ×1,ooo,ooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, right back at ya, lady...so many hearts <3 <3

      Delete
  3. You are my people. I adore you completely. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I adore you, lady! Lots of love to you my friend.

      Delete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.