Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hey Let's Grow {Update}

*I am participating in the Monsanto Hey Let's Grow program as a blogger this year.  Materials in this post were                 provided by Monsanto.  This is a sponsored post.  The opinions in this post are my own.*


I was battling a nasty and foul illness last week, so I was unable to do my intended weekly update about what's going on with my starters.  But, no fear, I only have a slight cough that's lingering and that will not get in the way of my typing 😊

Here are the last two blog posts about my participation in the Hey Let's Grow program
3/12/17
3/19/17

So, it's been busy over here at Indian Boundary Line Homestead!  Let's take a look at the free seeds that I got from Monsanto for participating in there Hey Let's Grow program.


Things are sprouting along nicely.  Pictured above are:

  • Broccoli {planted 3/4/17} 5/5 pods have sprouts in them
  • Flaming Flare Peppers {planted 3/18/17} 4/4 pods have sprouts in them
  • Tricked You Peppers {planted 3/18/17} 4/5 pods have sprouts in them
  • Sweet Sunset Peppers {planted 3/18/17} 2/5 pods have sprouts in them
  • Wizard Bell Peppers {planted 3/18/17} 5/5 pods have sprouts in them
  • Better Boy Tomatoes {planted 3/18/17} 5/5 pods have sprouts in them
  • Green Beret Spinach {planted 3/18/17} 5/5 pods have sprouts in them


Additionally, I have started the following from seeds that I had.


  • Carrots Short & Sweet {planted 3/18/17} 6/6 pods have sprouts in them.  *I'm going to have to thin them out soon* 
  • Carrots Scarlet Nantes {planted 3/18/17} 6/6 pods have sprouts in them.  *I'm going to have to thin them out soon*
  • Green Onions {planted 3/18/17} 3/6 pods have sprouts in them
  • Kale {planted 3/18/17} 6/6 pods have sprouts in them
  • Brussels Sprouts {planted 3/18/17} 5/6 pods have sprouts in them
  • Peas {planted 3/18/17} 6/6 pods have sprouts in them.  I actually just transplanted them to a larger growing area (aka recycled yogurt cup) because they were getting....ambitious



...and their roots were trying to take over my kale and green onions. 


Now they will have more room to grow until I can get them into the ground.  

I'm also starting flowers from seed this year.  They aren't doing so hot right now.  Or maybe they are, I have no clue.  


I have 1/36 spouting for my Coleus; 1/12 for my Marigold (using these as a companion plant for my tomatoes), and 0/12 for my German Chamomile.  BOOO!  But, I'm hopeful.  

Today I just planted Sugar Snap Peas and Strawberries.  My next planting will be next weekend which will include Cantaloupe, Lettuce, Cauliflower, and Zucchini.  That Cantaloupe should have been started a few weeks back, I just realized that I forgot to start the seeds.  

I've also had to expand my operations.  I'm utilizing a zip lock bag to produce heat over my strawberry plantings and I've covered those peas up with saran wrap.  Those babies need to stay moist and warm.  I'll have my fingers crossed on those babies (and utilize my heating pad 😉).  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.