Tuesday, April 25, 2017

DIY Tip of the Week {Chemical Free Home}

What's in your cabinets?   

Why am I passionate about getting the yuck out of my home?  Because I don't want to be in constant pain because my Endo is flaring up.  I know, it's pretty selfish, but it's the catalyst for change in my home.  For me, essential oils are another rug on my Healthy Living Ladder.  It's something that I'm choosing to do to help my family.
You can read more about that here


Did you know that 26 seconds after exposure that chemicals are found in measurable amounts in the human body?    

Did you know that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health studied 2,983 ingredients in our products at home—and found 884 toxic ingredients? 

Vent Diffuser!  Yep, you read that correctly - vent diffuser.  And, it's super easy to make.  I use this in my mini-van, but it can be used in your home as well (you know, if you want to pop off your vent covers).  

First, you are going to want to pick up some wooden clothes pins.  

Next, choose your favorite essential oil.  Personally, I like to be as calm as possible when I'm driving so I like using Stress Away®.  
Pinch open the clothes pin and put a few drops on each side.  Make sure that it's saturated, if you need to, use your finger to rub the oil in.  
Lastly, clip on to you vent slat.  
And, TA-DA - and totally cheap DIY vent diffuer that you can use until you can purchase one that works in your car's outlet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.