Tuesday, April 4, 2017

DIY Recipe of the Week {Chemical Free Home}

What's in your cabinets?   

Why am I passionate about getting the yuck out of my home?  Because I don't want to be in constant pain because my Endo is flaring up.  I know, it's pretty selfish, but it's the catalyst for change in my home.  For me, essential oils are another rug on my Healthy Living Ladder.  It's something that I'm choosing to do to help my family.  
You can read more about that here



Did you know that 26 seconds after exposure that chemicals are found in measurable amounts in the human body?    

Did you know that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health studied 2,983 ingredients in our products at home—and found 884 toxic ingredients? 


This one is pretty simple and works really well.  I like in a rural area where my village provides filtered well water.  Having lived in areas that had well water and city water, to tell you the truth, I can't tell the different between the filtered well water and the city water.  The taste is the same, my clothes are not dingy....BUT, holy hard water stains batman.  And I'm not even talking about the splotchy marks on my shower door. I'm talking about the caked on mineral deposits on my fixtures. It's nuts.  It was the first thing that I noticed when we purchased the home that we are living in now. I mean, I don't know if the previous owners even attempted to clean the deposits off, that's how hard core they are. So, short of using a chisel to take off the caked on layers (and I'm not about to do that since the fixtures are connected to water), I've been using the following to loosen up what is there and to deter more layers from forming.       

DIY Hard Water Stain Remover 
  • 1 cup of white vinegar
  • 10 drops of lemon essential oils
You want this mixture to soak on the area with hard water deposits.  I like soaking my cleaning rags in this mixture and then draping it over my sink and tub fixtures for a few hours.  This works great on my shower head and clears the gunk right off of it and I get water pressure again.  Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.