Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Anti-Inflammatory Recipe of the Week

In September of 2015 I started Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis.  I share a new recipe each week to help those who may need to modify their eating habits to better their health. 
Food is medicine - You are what you eat 


You can find out more about the Anti-Inflammatory Diet by going here

I eat a lot of Mexican food.

A.LOT.

It's a safe place for me when we go out to eat as a family.  But, you know what?  I can only eat so many fish tacos before I kind of have my fill of them.  Enter cauliflower tacos.  

There is a little taco joint within walking distance of our home that makes an amazing cauliflower taco.  AMAZING!  So, I looked for a way to replicate it at home.  

Brand New Vegan nailed it!  His recipe for Amazing Cauliflower Tacos lives up to the amazing part in my books.  Oh, but not every recipe I have stored in my Anti-Inflammatory Pinterest rolodex is "safe" for me.  This one needed one slight modification - soy sauce.  It's a no-no for me.  First, lets look at the reason for the use of soy sauce; it's typically used to add salt and color.  To the rescue?  Balsamic vinegar and just a wee increase to the salt in the recipe - TA-DA!  Also, cauliflower rice - you may be able to purchase this in a package in your produce section.  I found mine at Aldi.  And, if Aldi has it, I'm sure some larger chains carry it as well.  Oh, and since flour is on the do not consume list for me I choose to use corn shells for my tacos.  But you do you!    



How amazing do those look?!
You can find the recipe here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.