Friday, March 10, 2017

Thieves Household Cleaner® {Chemical Free Home}


What's in your cabinets?  

I've been slowly removing items from my home which cause dis-ease to me and my family.  This started in the months following my diagnosis with Stage 4 Endometriosis in September of 2015. Being a chronic, non-curable, inflammatory disease I started making changes with the food that I was consuming and bringing into my home for my family.  I knew, that in spite of the chemotherapy treatment that I underwent post surgery, that I needed to return to my roots and how I was raised if I was going to be successful at living the rest of my life with Endometriosis and not be in constant pain.  I chose to turn to healing herbs, teas and tinctures to heal my body in conjunction with adopting a mostly fish eating vegetarian lifestyle while undergoing treatment and I swear, even with as bad as my side effects were, I believe that they would have been worse had I not done those things. 
This was all fine and good, but with the additional research that I did regarding what contributes to Endometriosis, I felt that I needed to switch out the cleaning supplies in my home.  I appreciated what ease a chemical spray so strong that I needed to vent the bathroom windows in frigid temperatures just so I wouldn't pass out while cleaning could accomplish at eradicating the soap scum and hard water on my bathtub.  The thing is - I'd like to safely breath and not cough, have my nose run with snot, my eyes water and have my hands flake from the toxic chemical exposure.  I don't know why I got use to thinking this was ok.  For me, for my family. 



Did you know that 26 seconds after exposure that chemicals are found in measurable amounts in the human body?    

Did you know that the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health studied 2,983 ingredients in our products at home—and found 884 toxic ingredients?  

Why am I passionate about getting the yuck out of my home?  Because I don't want to be in constant pain because my Endo is flaring up.  I know, it's pretty selfish, but it's the catalyst for change in my home.  For me, essential oils are another rug on my Healthy Living Ladder.  It's something that I'm choosing to do to help my family.  

Young Living's Thieves Household Cleaner®  

MY WORD

I would bath in this stuff, that's how much I love the smell of it.  

I use it as a general purpose cleaner by following the dilution instructions on the back of the bottle to make my own spray cleaner.  I use it on all of the hard surfaces in my home, daily.  I use it as a spot cleaner on my carpets and fabric covered furniture, as needed.  I find things to clean with it because I love the smell THAT MUCH.  Oh, and it works amazingly well.  

Here's a how I make my own spray cleaner using Young Living's Thieves Household Cleaner®



First, purchase a spray bottle.  I get mine from the local dollar store.  My bottle holds a little over four cups of liquid, just an FYI.  

Next, I add four cups of water to my dollar store spray bottle.



Then I add two caps of the Thieves Household Cleaner® to the water




Here are the dilution ratios that I use, which can be found on the back of the bottle


I like mine just a little stronger.  You can dilute yours to your needs.  And, because I clean on a daily basis using this product, this spray bottle will last me roughly one month.  One bottle of the Thieves Household Cleaner® will last me just a little over a month because I also make glass cleaner from it, mop my floors with it, and add it to my natural powder cleaner to make a paste to deep clean my toilets, showers, and tubs.  It's so versatile!  I've even used it in a carpet cleaner to clean my carpets and scrub the grim out of the grout on my floors. I love a lot of things about this product - the smell, the cleaning power, the versatility....but, what I love the most about this product is that I don't need to vent the rooms that I am cleaning when using it and I don't get headaches from using it.  


If you are interested in learning more about going chemical free in your home with Young Living™ feel free to contact me.  I'd love to help you on your journey.
 
Interested in getting started with Young Living now?  Awesome!  I'm so excited for you.  You can purchase your Premium Starter Kit by going here and enrolling through me.  By becoming a Young Living Wholesale Member you can purchase your Premium Starter Kit for nearly 1/2 off the retail price and receive 24% off retail pricing of Young Living products and save even more money with exclusive specials and promotions every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.