Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stephanie's Story - Endometriosis Awareness Week

Here we are again.  It's that time of the year when for the next seven days my blog is dedicated to sharing stories about Endometriosis to raise awareness.  From March 3-9, 2017, I will be featuring a different story each day.  


As I did last year, I reached out through social media to my Endometriosis groups for help in raising awareness for our shared disease.  There were many who responded to my call for submissions, and my hope was to fill the entire week with YOUR stories.  Unfortunately, I was short 2 submissions. So, for today, I will be sharing a bit about my journey since last year.

A Little Like This - Or That?
My Endometriosis Story - Part 1
My Endometriosis Story - Part 2
My Endometriosis Story - Part 3
My Endometriosis Story - Part 4
My Endometriosis Story - Part 5
What Does Endometriosis Look Like

But, you see, this is the advantage of having my own blog.  I can write and post what I want, when I want.  So, what I thought I'd share about is where I am at now with Endometriosis.


First and foremost, I want to stress that this is a chronic and incurable disease.  It will never go completely away.  I will always have it. So, then, how do I manage it?

Today, it's largely through what I choose to eat and what I use to manage my symptoms.  I choose to follow  Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet.  It's what works for me.  I choose to follow a more holistic approach is supporting my health.  I drink Oatstraw tea, daily.  I take Vitex as part of my supplement regimen, daily.  I utilize CBD for pain management.  I meditate, daily (thanks in large part to Michelle's dad teachings).  I've recently started drinking celery juice first thing in the morning. Again, these are all things that I choose to do and that work for me.  This was after doing a 6 month course of Lupron.  I value, use, and support the use of medication; but choose supplemental and holistic support to nourish my system in an effort to not have to be reliant on medication.    

Know that you are not the only one with this disease, you are not alone.  There are tons of support groups out there on Facebook, though stay away from the ones that all full of drama, chaos, and that are not educational, informative, and supportive (personally, I belong to 3 and am only active on 1). Do your own research and educate yourself.  Take charge of your own health and learn to advocate for yourself.  

I hope to be able to share your story here next year.  By sharing our stories, we scatter hope!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.