Friday, March 17, 2017

External, Internal, Environmental {Aromatherapy}

So, you have gotten your Young Living Premium Starter Kit.  You are looking at all of the oils in your kit.  Some have white labels (indicating that they are from the Vitality™ line).
So...now what?


Well, there are three ways which you can use your oils

Topical
Oral
Inhalation

Or, rather, external, internal, and environmental.  

Here are a few ideas on how to use them - 

Topical 

  • Add a few drops of oils to a warm bath.  Because oil and water do not mix, you'll want to add the essential oil to epsom salt and then add that to your bath water.  This will help the oil to disperse in the water.
  • Add a few drops of oil to your lotion or moisturizer prior to applying to your skin.
Oral
  • Many oils (think oregano, peppermint, cinnamon) can be used when baking/cooking.  Remember, these are concentrated oils, one drop does a lot.  
  • This can also be done with your drinks (think tea, filtered water, sparkling water).  Remember, oil and water do not mix.  You'll need something for the oil to "stick" to.  I like raw honey, and only a very little.   
Inhalation
  • Diffuse.  Again, one drop does a lot.   
  • Put a drop of oil in the palm of your hand, rub them together, and inhale.


I choose to use an integrative approach when utilizing my essential oils.  Here is a quick snapshot to show how I use my oils on any given day.

Topical 

  • I put a drop of Frankincense oil in my lotion prior to applying it to my face and neck for a radiant look

Oral

  • I put one drop of Copaiba Vitality™ oil on a spoon lightly coated with raw honey and then stir it into warm water and drink to help relax  

Inhalation

  • I place a drop of Sacred Mountain™ in the palm of my hand, rub them together, and inhale for a grounding effect
I'd love to know how you use your oils.  Feel free to comment below on how you are currently using your oils and/or how you would like to start using your oils.  Interested in learning more about essential oils?  Follow along at Educational Anarchy Oils on Facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.