Friday, March 31, 2017

Diffuser {Use & Care}

Statements made in this blog post have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  
This post is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure disease.  

Congratulations!  You have purchased your Young Living™ Premium Starter Kit and ARE using the oils (unlike what I did when I first got my kit).  With your PSK you received a diffuser.  This is the one that I picked:



To be honest, I picked this one because I dislike roses, and that is what the other one looks like.  You do have the option to upgrade to different diffusers, and there are some really pretty ones available, but I needed to keep this purchase within a certain budget.  

Usage
There is a max fill indicator inside of your diffuser.  I choose to fill my diffuser with bottled water as I live in an area with hard water.  Once you have filled your diffuser with water add the essential oils of your choice, place on a hard & flat surface (away from open windows and not in a room with a fan running), place the splatter guard and top back on the diffuser and then plug in the power cord into the diffuser and then into the outlet.  With the specific diffuser pictured above there is a button (shown) that you press once for light plus mist or twice for just mist.  This one does automatically shut off when it is out of water.  
Each diffuser is different, be sure to read the manual which came with your diffuser prior to operating.

Cleaning
I clean my diffusers once a month.  To do this I unplug the diffuser from its power source and then move it into my kitchen (brightly lit and larger work area).  I make sure to dump out any excess water that may be in the base of the diffuser.  I take a clean, dry paper towel and wipe out the inside and outside of the splatter guard and the top of the diffuser.  Then, I take another clean, dry paper towel and dampen it with rubbing alcohol and wipe out the inside of the water reservoir in the base of the diffuser, making sure to clean every nook and cranny of that sucker.  I then let everything air dry for about an hour prior to using again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.