Thursday, March 30, 2017

CBD {Legality}

There are many rungs on my Healthy Living Ladder - MANY RUNGS.

The use of CBD is just another one of those rungs on my Healthy Living Ladder that I have found exceptionally helpful for me.  That's the key, it works for me.  I don't know if it'll work for you.  But, I'll give you the information that I have and you can make that decision. 


To find out what CBD is, click over to this post

To see how I choose to use CBD, click over to this post 



Ok, I wanted to share a little bit about the legality of CBD as there may be some mis-information out there about it.  I am not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, I don't pretend to be one.  BUT, there is tons of great information out there regarding the legal use of CBD extracted from industrial hemp.   Key words here - CBD and INDUSTRIAL HEMP.

CBD, extracted from industrial hemp is completely legal in all 50 states.  You can order it online or may be able to find it in a health food store. 

Here are some cool facts from Leafly regarding the industrial hemp derived CBD:
  • Agricultural hemp and medical marijuana both come from the Cannabis Sativa L. plant.
  • Agricultural hemp, which is often referred to as “hemp stalk,” grows differently than THC-containing cannabis, and looks similar to bamboo.
  • THC-producing marijuana plants are grown to an average of five feet in height, spaced six to eight feet apart. Agricultural hemp is grown to a height of 10 to 15 feet or more before harvest, placed three to six inches apart.
  • Hemp has little potential to produce high-content THC when pollinated.
  • As long as agricultural hemp plants are pollinated by members of their own crop, the genetics will remain similar with low levels of THC.
  • There is a strong legal argument that production and distribution of CBD oils/products derived from imported raw material industrial hemp is not a violation of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA); in fact, one Colorado law firm has published a written opinion making the case.

Imagine this for one moment - pain relief without feeling "high" or "out of it".  OR pain relief from something that is not going to harm you or tax your organs.  OR pain relief without side effects.

One of my major concerns post chemo treatment was the use of over the counter pain medication (NSAIDs) and how that would cause even more strain on my liver.  I have exposed myself to enough toxins, thank you very much, I'd like to start moving away from that.  And, I view utilizing CBD as a safe method in doing so as I travel this Healthy Living Ladder of mine.

 

Do you use CBD?  If so, how and why?  I'd love to hear about your journey.  
I use Hemp Life Today products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.