Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Anti-Inflammatory Recipe of the Week

In September of 2015 I started Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis.  I share a new recipe each week to help those who may need to modify their eating habits to better their health. 
Food is medicine - You are what you eat 


You can find out more about the Anti-Inflammatory Diet by going here

The very first time I EVER ate a brussels sprout was when I made this salad.  And I'm 40.  The only time that I was ever around brussels sprouts  was during Easter, and they were cooked (boiled), and they stunk, ... and I never ate them.  One of the things that I have learned over the past year is how to properly prepare food so that they are nutritious, appealing to the eye, and taste good.  So now, brussels spouts don't scare me.  

The reason why I love this recipe from Gimme Some Oven is because, for me, it's a meal.  It's a complete meal at that.  And, it's so, so good! I can bring this as a side to a family dinner and know that I have something that is safe for me to eat.  That's a WIN


You can find the recipe here.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.