Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Anti-Inflammatory Recipe of the Week

In September of 2015 I started Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis.  I share a new recipe each week to help those who may need to modify their eating habits to better their health. 
Food is medicine - You are what you eat 


What is the Anti-Inflammatory Diet?

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/anti-inflammatory-diet-pyramid/dr-weils-anti-inflammatory-food-pyramid-2-2/
You can find out more about this diet plan by following these links:
Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid

Essentially I became a mostly fish eating vegetarian.  I cut out all caffeine, gluten, dairy, sugar, and processed soy.  That really doesn't leave a whole lot left when it comes to food options, really.  That's why I want to highlight one recipe each week that I've made and LOVE.

This recipe is by Shannon Leparski of The Glowing Fridge and it's one of my all time favorites.  I consume this in copious amounts in the summer.  I've brought it to family parties and holiday celebrations as a nice side for normal eaters to partake in, and it doubles as my main dish meal (always bring something you can eat to events - always!).


Doesn't that look amazing?!

Here is the link to the recipe - Spicy Kale and Quinoa Black Bean Salad.  

Now, how does this work as my main dish?
Protein and Fiber, that's how!  So filling, and so, so good.

I do want to mention that this recipe calls for maple syrup.  Please, use the real stuff.  

2 comments:

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.