Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I Was Given A Microphone

On Saturday I met with 13 amazing people at DL Loft in Chicago and exposed myself.

Photo Credit Balee Images
Not in that way!

You know, when you let go and become raw and vulnerable.

Photo Credit Balee Images
That

I did that

And I sat and listened.  I listened to amazing people share honestly and openly.  They reminded me that I am not alone.  They will do the same for you, too.

Photo Credit Balee Images
They will share their experience, strength and hope
They will draw you in with their honesty and you will feel all of the feelings. ALL.OF.THE.FEELINGS.

Because when you open yourself up to hear, really hear by opening your heart and mind, those feelings swell and they allow you to connect.  You will know that you are not alone.

I am humbled to be given the honor to share another one of my truths on stage at this years Listen to Your Mother.  The Chicago performance will be on Sunday, May 3rd at 2pm at the Athenaeum Theatre.
I am blessed to be able to share the stage with this wonderful group of people.

Photo Credit Balee Images
Listen to Your Mother features live readings by local writers in celebration of Mother's Day.  You will laugh and cry and think "me too!" and know that you are not alone.  That you, too, have a story to tell.  Oh, and bring tissues.

To follow the Chicago Listen to Your Mother 2015 show, click here
To purchase your tickets to the Chicago Listen to Your Mother 2015 show, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.