Friday, December 12, 2014

ChiTAG - {Day 5} Game Truck

Day Five Game Review - Game Truck



Okay, so technically NOT a toy or game, but hear me out on this - it's an experience

We have four different gaming systems hooked up to our TV.  We also have hand held gaming systems in addition to tablets, and pads, and ... things .... that all play games.

The Game Truck was the first thing that both of my kids ran - RAAANNNNN - to when we entered ChiTAG.  




Why? 

Because it's cool (that's what I'm being told)

Really??, because we have that same exact game at home, why is it cooler to do it on a truck?

Apparently it's the couches, and TV's and it's relaxing.  

Okay, I'll roll with that.  Because you know what?  It's contained.  It's a weather-proof, stress-free and mess-free (MESS-FREE!) party option.  I'm a fan of mess-free.

The good -

  • Perfect for parties!  Up to 16 players can be in the truck at one time.  
  • 40 games on Xbox, Wii or Playstation (latest versions)
  • Offers other options, including laser tag, bumperz and pedal kart derby for an additional charge



The bad -

  • Pricing is a little steep, in my opinion, at $425 for the mobile video game theater for 2 hours of play



The details -
You can find out more about Game Truck by clicking here




Here's the deal, though.  I have two boys who love video games who happen to have birthdays exactly 7 days apart.  If, lets say, I was to have a combined friends party for them, then the $425 would be doable.  BUT, given that they are 5 years apart in age, that's likely not going to happen.

I really do like the option of a "Party-in-a-Party" where the kids are in the Game Truck and the parents are in the house.  I can't fit 16 kids in my family room in front of 1 TV to play video games all at once.  Game Truck has that ability.




Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can make this happen...how can I make this happen??
More info can be found here
Game Truck Website 
Game Truck Facebook
Game Truck Twitter


*the opinions are mine alone.  I attended a blogger event at the Chicago Toy & Game Fair where I received a bag of toys and games from contributing manufactures.  I did not receive anything from Game Truck.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.