Wednesday, December 10, 2014

ChiTAG - {Day 3} Tic Stac Toe

Day Three Game Review - Tic Stac Toe




So, Chris, my 10 year old, is some sort of reigning champion of this game at ChiTAG 2014.  Or, something like that.

If that title doesn't exist, it really should.






He kicked booty at this game! And loves it.  Actually, he'll be really excited to know that I'm doing this review today so he can play the game at home now.  




I have to be totally honest here, I have NO CLUE how he did it. It's a three dimensional tic tac toe game.  He loves this game.

LOVES!!





...and I could totally see how this stimulates spacial thinking as you play.  With the ability to get 4 in a row, on any level and over 75 possible ways to win, this game is going to quickly become a favorite one in our home.  


The good -
  • Based on a simple game that everyone knows.  This escalates (quickly, I might add) and forces you to carefully plan your next move (it reminds me a lot of chess in that way).    
  • With multiple ways to win (over 75 different ways, in fact) and four levels to play, spacial thinking runs high. 
  • Quick set up and easy pieces to play with.  Rated for ages 8+, Chris (who is 10) did much better than Cody (15) at this game.  Not sure why, but with this being a 2 player game I'm sure that there will be many matches  (and re-matches) in play shortly.


The bad -

  • The three dimensional play may throw some (like me) off a little.  It's taken a few (eh, hem...a lot) of tries to get the strategic planning required of this game.  It's a quick processes, though.   

The details -
You can find out more about Tic Stac Toe by clicking here
The game costs $18.99 retail 

THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT I AM RECOMMENDING IN THIS 5 DAY ROUND UP AS AN AWESOME GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD BUY AND PLAY (For whatever that is worth)

Given that we are huge into strategic games in our home, this one really is a no brainer for us.  Like I mentioned above, it reminds me a chess and with the playing surface being 3D it just adds to the spacial decoding necessary to win this game. 

 
And, to be very honest, though I appreciate all of the products that we were sent home with from ChiTAG, Tic Stac Toe really is one of maybe three things that we will keep, and, it's top on that list. 



     

More info can be found here
Tic Stac Toe Website 
Tic Stac Toe Facebook 
Tic Stac Toe Twitter
Tic Stac Toe YouTube 
Tic Stac Toe App

Goliath Games Website
Goliath Games Facebook
Goliath Games Twitter

You can purchase Tic Stac Toe at Target. 

*the opinions are mine alone.  I attended a blogger event at the Chicago Toy & Game Fair where I received a bag of toys and games from contributing manufactures.  This game was not in that bag, though.  We were given this game to play at home.*

1 comment:

  1. What the heck.. somehow I was signed on as my husband for that last post.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.