Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Working On 50

Today is my parents 49th Wedding Anniversary



Forty-nine Years!

How rare is that now a days?  And, just as a point of reference, I'm not in my 40's.

What I have learned from my parents is that marriage is work.  That there are good times and bad, but the good times outweigh the bad and you grow.

That marriage is a commitment.  That it is something that should not be taken for granted.

That you never, ever speak ill of your spouse in public - EVER.

That it gets better with time.

That there is give and take and sometimes you get spun around, it's kind of like the hokey-pokey.



Happy Anniversary Mom & Pop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.