Saturday, August 9, 2014

Collective

I share a lot via social media.

Between this blog, my Facebook pages, Twitter, Pinterest and now, Instagram I'm pretty plugged in.

Here's the deal, I know that I'm not alone.  I know that no matter what is going on in my life someone else has experienced the same thing or something similar.  Good, bad or indifferent.

Also, my family of origin is spread out all over the world.  I use social media to stay connected with them and for them to stay connected with me.  Between photos and quick updates, it's a wonderful thing, in my opinion.

But, this sense of community that exists is amazing.  I have a very limited "friends" list on Facebook specifically for that reason.

I can pose a question regarding tongue tie and get immediate responses.  The same is true when recently dealing with a food allergy.  Or when I was stuck in my van with my ignition not wanting to turn over.  My Uncle from New York called me on my cell phone to walk me through the steps to try to start my van!  

I get advice on family activities and restaurants that are worth checking out, and ones that are not.

And, for me, it works.  I know that it doesn't for everyone, and that is fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.