Monday, June 23, 2014

Crunchy Hair - 4 Weeks No Poo HOLY SHIT! I have DANDRUFF!

Dandruff - what am I suppose to do now?

I had residue wash off for a short bit in the beginning of this trial.  Now, now I have dandruff.  I'm going to blame Illinois humidity on this one, and sweating in the Illinois humidity.  Or, at least that sounds kind of legit.

Here is a quick recap so far:

  • I stopped using commercial shampoo and conditioners on Monday, May 26th
  • I am currently using baking soda to wash my hair
  • I am using raw ACV as a conditioner
  • My hair is *still* ... fine
...my scalp on the other hand - DANDRUFF

You can read about Week One of No Poo here in addition to the recipes I'm using here.  Week Two of No Poo is recapped here and Week Three No Poo TRAVEL EDITION can be found here and my thoughts on baking soda and high altitudes.

So, now, dandruff.  I may have had dandruff prior to this, I mean it's possible.  I can't really recall as I've been using a crazy conditioning treatment regiment in order to straighten my hair, for YEARS.

What to do, what to do?

I did some research and I'm going to try using coconut oil as a treatment.  I'll get back with you on how this all works out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.