Monday, June 9, 2014

Crunchy Hair - 2 Weeks No Poo

So, here is a quick recap

  • I stopped using commercial shampoo and conditioner on Monday, May 26th
  • I am using baking soda to wash it
  • I am using raw ACV as a conditioner
  • My hair is...fine
You can read about 1 Week No Poo by clicking on the link to see the recipes and techniques I'm using as well.

On to week 2!

It's still the same, nothing new to report.  It isn't greasy looking or smelly.  I will mention this, though, I have less hair coming out when I wash it in the shower and when I brush it out.  

A quick note,though.  I posted 1 Week No Poo on the Educational Anarchy Facebook Page and reader Amy noted that it's important to dump your water and baking soda mix after one week because it looses it's ability to clean.  Apparently there is a reason why baking soda does not come in liquid form.  So all of those negative responses and reports that I read prior to attempting this would make sense if those people did not use a fresh mixture of baking soda and water each and every week.  Good to know!

Week 3's recap will be about traveling while doing no poo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.