Monday, May 5, 2014

Gratitude

Yesterday, for the second year in a row, I got to sit in the audience of the Athenaeum Theater in Chicago and watch women share their experience, strength and hope about motherhood.

 

It was amazing!  I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more and I could relate.  I want the cast to know that I heard you.  And, also, welcome to the LTYM Chicago Family!

In 2014, Listen to Your Mother will have shows in 32 cities!

"The mission of each LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER production is to take the audience on a well-crafted journey that celebrates and validates mothering through giving voice to motherhood–in all of its complexity, diversity, and humor–in the form of original readings performed live on-stage by their authors."

Three years ago I was on the stage of the Biograph Theater sharing my story.  Three years ago I was heard, my words were validated and the entire experience has been instrumental in propelling me forward creatively.  I am forever grateful to have had such an opportunity.

If you are interested in finding out more about Listen to Your Mother in general, click here.
If you are interested in finding out more about Listen to Your Mother Chicago, click here.
To view past performances via the Listen to Your Mother YouTube Channel, click here.

Though the 2014 shows are coming to a close, the process for submission will be opening up for the 2015 show season later this year.

You need not be a mother to submit a piece for consideration.  Though you can write about your own experience as a mother, you could also write about your mother, a mother figure in your life, or your wife.

You do have a story to tell!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.