Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Burn!

We are full speed ahead with our yard work and planning out our mega garden here at the Educational Anarchy Homestead.  This past weekend we cleared out even more junk and debris (if that is even possible) from the previous owners.
All I can say at this point is "Why?"


Whatever we could burn - we did.  I've now been dubbed "Pyro Wife".  I have been waiting months to do this burn.  There is something very calming and relaxing about a big fire for me.  I'd rather be outside, in front of a fire, lost deep in thought while staring at the flames dancing about.

Now that the ground is cleared we will start preparations for the Mega Garden!  My goal is to have as much of our Thanksgiving dinner come from what we produce in our garden.  We plan on tripling the size of our garden from last year, taking over some easement property (aka - Gorilla Gardening) and installing a trellis system for our tomatoes, peppers and beans to grown up.




After all of our hard work in the yard during the day we did get to enjoy the evening with each other in front of the still burning fire.

We also, finally, got rid of our Christmas Tree (that was fun!)

Our ash pile, which is huge, will now get spread over the area that we plan on gardening.  It will eventually get tilled into the ground along with our compost pile.  

2 comments:

  1. You are so interesting! I don't suppose I've read anything like this before.
    So great to discover someone with a few unique thoughts on this subject.
    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the web, someone with some originality!


    Review my web blog - Vape Pen

    ReplyDelete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.