Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hanging Head in Shame

Hey! *waving frantically*  I'm still here...we are still here.  We are winding down our homeschooling year right now as in about 2 weeks we will be going on the Mega Field Trip.  We are going to be traveling to Texas by minivan, with my parents, and stopping at "cool places" along the way.  I don't know exactly what these cool places are as of yet, cuz I've been kind of busy with this thing called Listen to Your Mother.  Practicing, reading, re-reading, trying to pace myself while I read to myself in a mirror.  I'm totally relaxed doing it.  I hope to keep that going come this Sunday when we do our final read through prior to the show. 
So - back to homeschooling.  That's the cool thing about homeschooling - Let's Go To Texas!  I couldn't have pulled that off in May if my boys were still in school.  And I totally know that this is going to be educational, have I told you that my dad is a HUGE history geek (I get it from him).  I see a visit to Springfield, Cahokia Mounds, St. Louis, Diamond Fields in Arkansas, The Dr. Pepper Plant in Wacko, The Alamo, Austin, San Antonio and lots and lots of places within and on the way.  I'm super excited about this opportunity for my boys.  I know, KNOW, what this is going to be like for them, I lived trips like this when I was their ages.  When I was Chris's age we traveled cross country in a station wagon visiting various family members and friends.  When I was Cody's age I had already been pretty much all over the US and just returned from a European trip and was gearing up for a trip to New York.  We traveled as a family when I was growing up.  That was so huge for me.  I want that for my boys and that is what this upcoming trip is going to allow them.  To see places they haven't seen, appreciate and enjoy things they otherwise wouldn't get to.
I'm excited!
I'm also distracted right now, so you will have to excuse my lack of updates on our homeschooling journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.