Friday, March 23, 2012

This Week 3/19/12 - Not a Photo Intensive Post

Those are rare here.  I usually rely heavily on the photos that I take to help show you what we have been up to.  Not this week though - ehhh....just one of those weeks. 
Monday Cody had a doctors appointment and I had to go right into work after it, bringing the boys with me.  That missing hour from his appointment set us bask a little on completing our work for the day.
Tuesday we headed out to our homeschool co-op.  I just kind of thought this was funny
I don't know, irony maybe?  Whatever.  From there the plan was to go grocery shopping because it was time to do that.  Well, that never happened (it still hasn't - it's amazing what you can concoct with mustard and green salsa that passes as edible).  Tuesday was a tough day for me.  I may blog about it late, maybe not.  Whatever.
Wednesday I had to work.  Wednesday is not a normal work day for me.  I took the shift to make up for some time I had taken off and because I thought that this week was our Spring Break Week.  Yeah, it wasn't.  It's next week.  But I didn't want to put the person whose shift I took into a messy predicament, so we cut our school day short and headed into my work.  Cody played basketball, worked out and read a book while Chris was in the Child Care center.  They had two hours to kill before Dave would be by to pick them up.  I hate, HATE, HATE! bringing them into work with me.  I'm fortunate to have that ability though. 
Thursday we had a "modified" lazy school day (you'll have to take my word on that, I have no photos).  We went to visit Dave at work, had lunch with him and Cody finished up his pinewood derby car.  Then we went to the midnight showing of the Hunger Games

Dave got the tickets for the three of us to go last week.  Chris had a blast spending the night at Dave's cousins house, likely getting really, really spoiled. 
The Hunger Games was the first book we used as a literature study when we started homeschooling.  The cool thing is that this morning we were talking about the movie and then the book series and then I was able to connect 1984 (which we are reading now) to the Hunger Games.  Cody's face lit up when he realized they had similarities.  COOL!
Today we are chilling.  My plan was to get Chris in the am and go back to sleep.  We didn't get home until 3pm from the movie last night and I didn't get to bed until 4am.  Four hours of sleep does not make for a good Steph.  But nope, that plan was foiled by the tree trimming service across the street.  I'll sleep like a baby tonight though, which is good because I have to get up at 5am for work tomorrow.
There is this though
  totally unsolicited, he did this himself.  =)  Also, very cool!
Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.