Saturday, March 17, 2012

This Week 3/12/12 - It's March and 80 Out!

This week was absolutely gorgeous!  We have had temperatures in the high 70's, with sun pretty much all week. 
Monday we pretty much spent a good chunk of our day at the dentist office, doing school work and then I had to work at night.  I don't like packed days like that, I feel way too rushed and not centered.
Tuesday we trekked out to the land of Plainfield for our co-op.  The boys did their gym classes, ate lunch and then we headed home to finish up school work.
Wednesday I declared a SUN DAY and we took the day off from "formal" schooling and headed to the forest preserve to hike.  We took Slayer with us; she was a very happy puppy.


He's making sure that it's okay to go up the hill.

The boys climbed these stairs.  It's an old toboggan slide run.  The slides were pulled out, the stairs are still there and people go there to exercise.  Fricking insane, if you ask me!

Proof of a successful hike.
Chris had karate and scouts later that night.  He's been learning his kata to earn his yellow belt.  In scouts the played games.



Thursday was Dave's birthday.  We did some school work in the morning and then we met him for a picnic lunch and the boys got to play at a park near his work.  Miss Molly came over to hang out for a bit as well.  Later in the evening we went for a special Birthday Dinner.   
The cat makes a rare downstairs appearance.

Chris finishing up his Jersey Mikes

Playing at the park

Molly eating puffs.  Cody doing math.

Chris working on history.

Cody, Chris and Dave

Mmmmm...

It's dinner AND entertainment!


Friday we headed out to The Farm for some Nature Studies, Exploring and Fishing






FROG




And then Saturday we attended Cody's Basketball Banquet. 
Chris finished up a science experiment involving baking soda, water and string - crystals grew!  And we started another one with food colored water and celery.



Tomorrow I'm heading out to Oak Park for the first read through for Listen to Your Mother.  I'm very excited to meet everyone who will be int he production and hear their pieces. 
That's all I have for now.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Our string/crystal experiment failed miserably. I shall send the kids to your house instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wanna swap kids? I'm up for a change in scenery right now.
      It took about 3 days for the baking soda to crawl up the string. I let it sit for about a week, I'm lazy like that.

      Delete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.