Friday, March 23, 2012

Listen To Your Mother

So, I got picked to perform a written piece in this show called Listen To Your Mother.
It's a national series of live readings by local writers in celebration of Mother's Day.  There are ten shows happening and I will be in the Chicago one with 15 other local writers.  I'm pretty freaking excited!  And nervous, and questioning "what in the hell are you doing?", but I'm trying to shut that voice up. 
We had our first read through this past Sunday and I am so humbled to be a part of this performance.  The sharings are amazing.  The cast is amazing.  This whole thing is amazing.  Seriously, take a minute to check out who I'll be performing with here
Tickets went on sale to the public yesterday.  They are $20, less processing fees.  The show will take place on Sunday, May 6th at 7pm at the Biograph Theater in Chicago.  You can click here for show info and here to buy tickets, or call the box office at 773-871-3000.
Tickets are going fast.  As of noon yesterday, a mere 5 hours after on-line internet sales went live to the public, over 1/2 of the tickets were sold.  GET YOURS NOW!   
10% of the ticket proceeds will be donated to Bright Pink, which is the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of ovarian and breast cancer in young women.
If you click here you can read the Tinley Park Triblocal article about the show as well.  My name is in it, so you'll want to do that ;)
Oh, and this show is PG13 for language and content - you can thank me for hitting both of those up in my piece.  See!  Don't you want to come now and hear what I have to say, totally pricked your curiosity.

*Why YES, I am a shameless self promoter!*

5 comments:

  1. Definitely come and see Steph! She will make you choke up and get angry and then get misty. It's a good piece, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So bring oxygen, a stress ball and some tissue - lol. Thanks Tracey!

      Delete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.