Monday, December 26, 2011

There Are WAY Too Many Cookies Left Over!

I got to sleep in today.  It's been a long few days.  The kind of days that drag into each other and when you go to talk about another day within that span you can't remember what today even is.  I've worked way too much this week and for way too long specifically on Christmas Eve.  Seriously people, why do you have to go to the gym on Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day for that matter?  So today, I slept and it felt good.  I have not required coffee to fuel me today (yet), I'm updated on Facebook and now, well now I'm going to attempt to update my beautiful anarchist sounding board without turning it into a visual vomit o' photos.  We'll just see how well THAT turns out.
We have been officially "off" since last Wednesday, as we follow Dave's breaks.  I've said that they were going to do math and reading each day of break as not to make transitioning back into regular school work so hard next week, but with work schedules that don't accommodate this line of thinking and last minute ho-ho-ho-ness it is now day 4 of break and both boys are tethered to an XBox in the basement which has enhanced coolness because it's picture is being projected onto the wall for maximum stimulation (insert eye roll).  Best intentions people, best intentions.  That's what I had.  Oh well, I'm chalking it up to a learning experience and moving on.  So, I hope that your holidays were as stress free as mine (and I do mean that with all sincerity, as this year was the best Christmas EVER!  Totally relaxing and wonderful.).  I realized in reviewing my posts that I really don't post about the "bad" days or moments.  We do have them, Monday and Tuesday of last week were tough in particular because the boys thought that they should be on break, but I was an evil mommy.  There are complains and whines, but nothing crazy.  I don't want to portray what we are doing as some sort of idealistic fairytale of greatness that requires little effort.  It's hard fricking work, this homeschool gig.  Well worth it in my mind, but hard work!  Wow, that was a tangent.  How did I get there?  See, this is where coffee consumption would have helped me to stay on track.  Anyway, this is what we've been up to for the past two weeks:
Chris doing his journal


I like the candy cane divides

The advantage of being able to go to the library early on December 1st is that you get to take all the cool Christmas holiday books. 

This guy, reading

The cat, making a rare appearance.

We watched this one

They played some super memory

Cody worked on his comedy for an open mic night at the teen center

Oh MY GOD!  I can't believe she's making me do all this work! - that's what he's thinking, yup.

Chris doing math

Chris reading, he's making his way through the Stink books

At a Christmas party

Chris got these characters that he can draw on and decorate

At a Christmas party

He got a gift card to WalMart

The boys with Santa

He's a big fan of snowmen

At basketball practice doing work

Cody at practice

Cody's game (he's #45)

I love this photo, it makes me laugh because he looks like a deer.

He had an orthodontist appointment

Chris drawing Pokemon characters while waiting for Cody

Reading

Snooping on the neighbors

She's protecting him

Cody's basketball game

Cody made cut out cookies

So did Chris

Cody's creations

Chris's creations

We went to German Town.  This people, this is my childhood!

My parents would purchase copious amounts of liquor filled chocolates...

We would make our own "rum" balls with Jack Daniels.

These were always a special treat

OMG people - heaven!

Note to self, now I know where to get such things

While in German Town we went to a game store and I played this Haiku dice game.  Tons of fun!

Good Food!

This guy made a graham cracker house.

We hosted Christmas Eve, Cody is reading the birth of Jesus.

The boys with their plate of cookies, carrots and mug of soy milk for Santa

Chris left Santa a note

Christmas morning with my guys!

We helped spread some good cheer and paid forward a really awesome act of selflessness to a well deserving family with the help of lots of friends and family members.

Elf!  Not on a shelf though.  I remember my parents having an elf like this when I was a kid.  This is Dave's aunts.
Right now I have three boys running around upstairs trying to play ghost in the graveyard in the dark (kind of).  It's loud and crazy and I'm sure that they will be on to other things shortly.  We have the pleasure of having the boys cousin stay with us for a few days.  They are all having a blast.
So, I hope that your Christmas was awesome.   I'm still trying to catch up on laundry, which with sleeping in and all this morning is proving to be a little difficult.  Oh look, there is the dryer timer going off.  Now the boys are funneling their way down the stair looking for snacks.  That's my cue to wrap up this post.  Have a great New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the chance to check in and catch up here and happy you had a nice holiday. Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.