Sunday, November 27, 2011

This Week 11/21/11 - Three Day Week!

It was a three day school week here.  It went fast, I was prepared with an amended schedule and we got to do some fun things as well. 
We did some color science

Cody mixing colors

We did some service at My Joyful Heart.

Chris doing is journal on Turkey paper

Yep, these two...I got nothing else to say about this photo

We made lava lamps with water, oil, food coloring and LOTS of denture cleaning tables. 
We were suppose to go to our Homeschool Meet-Up on Monday but I nixed that plan.  I don't think that we are getting what we are looking for from the group, some other opportunities have come up and we are going to explore those.  I'm not saying that we are never going back, it's just not working now. 
Cody hung out at the teen center pretty much the whole first half of this past week.  He did some service work there to benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.  He's also really stepped it up this week with taking initiative and helping out around the house.  Both Dave and I are still kind of in amazed shock at this surprising development. 
Anyway, it was a laid back week (which was nice).  That's all I got!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.