Friday, November 18, 2011

This Week 11/14/11 - I Don't Like Chestnuts

I am still trying to write one post per day as part of BlogHer's National Blog Posting Month (NaBlPoMo).  It's fricking hard!  Especially since I am suppose to be writing articles for Examiner as well.  The conflicts I put myself in, I swear.  It should be a no brainer, I get paid to write articles, not blog posts.  DUH!  But posts are so much easier to write!  Argh! 
Our week went really fast!  I lied about god, you can read about that here.  If you get a chance, scroll down after reading this post and read about Anti Bully Week as well, thanks.
I've also been struggling with going to co-op meetings.  We have only been to one official meeting, and that was a parent support/kids play one.  Not a lot of support going on there.  To be honest I was expecting like a support group type thing ala AA meeting and THAT IT WAS NOT.  So, I was thinking what would be best for the boys?  I want them to be exposed to other homeschooled kids, blah, blah, blah.  Get a bond going.  Well the email fairies hit me with a proposal that is pretty sweet regarding this very struggle that I currently am having.  I think that things are going to work out a lot better than what I was trying to force happen with the co-op.
On to the photos!
Chris fed the squirrels and birds in our back yard

Cody working on his 5 paragraph essay

He got a hair cut too.  It's a faux hawk - that's what the kids are calling it, right?  lol

Doing service at My Joyful Heart.  We rolled pillows.  They are going to go to kids who don't have pillows.  That just boggles my mind.

While Cody and I were rolling pillows Chris was sorting stationary. 

Then he moved on to unpacking and sorting toys that will be used for Christmas gifts.  He was pretty excited to sort a box of Deck Tech stuff.

Cody sorting WWF figures.
What Cody and Chris unpacked and sorted

What I unpacked and sorted.  Oh Yeah!  A table of wrestling figures.  I had to resist the urge to take out the table with a flying elbow. 

Chris working on art

Cody working on vocabulary

Cody and Chris doing schoolwork in the waiting room of my doctors office. 

We roasted chestnuts.  I decided that I don't like chestnuts.  Blah!  Give me salted cashews!

We ended our week today with a trip to the orthodontist where Cody switched his band colors to a more festive fall red and orange.  We then swung by my aunt and uncle's where I am finishing up a genealogy project with them.  Cody adores them and I'm trying to figure out a way to visit with them on the way back from his basketball practice which is right down the street from their house.  
Cody is at the teen center tonight.  I am so thankful that such a place exists for him to go to.  He leaves tomorrow to go to his dads for the weekend, they are going to go to ChiTag.  He's really excited about going and I can't wait for him to come back on Sunday and tell me all about it.  I was about to type "stupid work, I can't go", but changed my mind.  I'm grateful that I have a job, it sucks sometimes but it has it's perks (such as pick my own hours so I can homeschool).
Things feel a little crazy around here and I feel like there is a lot to do, which I don't like.  They actually aren't a little crazy, I just feel like they are.  Like there is this buzzing sensation of constant going ons around me.  I'm sure that once I get this genealogy project done I'll be able to exhale a bit.  Cody starts traveling for basketball the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.  I was able to connect with his old karate instructor and am planning on getting Chris in classes once they resume at the end of January.  I'm sure that he will be excited about that!  My little Kung Fu Panda =)
That's all I have for this week.  Have a great one!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.