Sunday, November 27, 2011

Showing Some Love

I did have grand plans on making it ALL the way through the month of November posting once per day, but that has all but fallen to the wayside here at Educational Anarchy.  Call it the rebel in me for not wanting to stick to the rules.  Or maybe it had more to do with the fact that I just got busy and forgot to post, or too tired, or maybe on those days where I had to work too...it was just too much.  But I tried, I really did.  I think I made it to day twenty-something.  Which isn't too fricking bad going from a once a week poster.  Either way, and whatever my excuse is for today, I failed at NaBloPoMo.  I'm okay with that though, this is something that I will not loose sleep over. 
When I did sign up to do this the thought of "oh....there are prizes to post.  Sign me up!" did run through my head.  What I have gotten in response to posting has been pretty cool.  People who would normally not view my blog are viewing it and some, yes some, are leaving comments.  It's giddy-like seeing an unmoderated comment waiting for me to moderate it.  What is even cooler is the prospect of someone who may be considering homeschooling but has a crap load of questions and doubts stumbling upon my little blog and they read something that makes them think "If she can do it, so can I", and why yes, you can.  That is how I got my inspiration and support to start.  Specifically by hitting up these two blogs on a near daily showing: Just Another Homeschool Blog and Tracey's Just Another Mommy Blog  as well as Tracey herself, have been a huge source to dip into.  In addition to her blogs, Kristen over at The Frugal Girl had me sucked in with so many of the topics she covers - minimalizim, frugality, homeschooling, and photography.  And through BlogHer's NaBloPoMo I have found some blogs which I absolutely love, for various reasons, and I wanted to show them some love.  Masked Mom was so gracious to name me in her top 5 blogs for the Liebster Blog Award (which blew my mind away, might I add). 
"Liebster" is a German word meaning dearest and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  
Awww...feel the love people, feel the love!
 
This is how it works:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

2. Reveal your Top 5 blogs (with under 200 followers) and let them know by leaving comments on their blogs.

3. Post the Award on your blog.

4. Enjoy the love of some of the most supportive people on the Internet.
So I wanted to spread this bloggy love onto the five blogs that I have become addicted to, through commenting or creepin', thanks to my participation in NaBloPoMo.  

1. Last Mom on Earth  - Amanda, you are awesome!  "So, now I'm a grown up. I never thought I would be good at being a regular person, but I'm figuring it out."

2. Homespun: My Simple Life in Appalachia - Lisa, your picture relax me and I love the simplicity of all you post.  So refreshing.
3. A Pair of Pink Shoes - Maggie, I love your blog!
4. Random Thoughts and Musing from the Island - C., you had me at "follow me and I'll follow you"
5. Rewind Revise - Lindsey, once I clicked on your link and saw your header photo I melted.  


Be sure to check them out.  


PS - if I showed some love to you be sure to play along and host your own Liebster Blog Award!  Keep the love going. 

5 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks so much! Oh, and I'm having trouble posting every day too. I've gotten in just under the wire a few times. Other times, I just haven't been motivated or have been too busy. Because I'm *me* and feel guilty about not living up to my word (even if it's in the form of promising myself I'd write a NaBloPoMo post every day for a month!), I have been doing it. Not wholeheartedly, I might add. Actually, some of my posts this month have really sucked. I'm not an every day post kinda gal.

    Thanks for the bloggy luv! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Not sure if this is "allowed", but I was given this award the other week too and wanted to give it to you. I'm awarding you with the award you just awarded me. Ha! How many times can a person use the word "award" in the same sentence? Noun, verb in simple past, present progressive...LOL!

    http://lifeonmanitoulin.blogspot.com/2011/11/nablopomo-day-28-sharing-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so touched!! Thank you! And I look forward to "paying it forward" (& backwards) and passing on the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, thank you so much! You just totally made my day. :) It's so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! I've been graced by a Liebster Award, which I discovered today. This is especially fun because I had mean to discuss celebrations and my new word to describe the feeling of elation one gets when life feels good. That word is "HUZZAH!", preferably exclaimed loudly and enthusiastically with both arms thrown high in the air. \o/

    So, HUZZAH! to you for coming up with this great idea, and HUZZAH! to everyone who is being noticed, thanks to the Liebster Awad.

    It's a good day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.