When I did sign up to do this the thought of "oh....there are prizes to post. Sign me up!" did run through my head. What I have gotten in response to posting has been pretty cool. People who would normally not view my blog are viewing it and some, yes some, are leaving comments. It's giddy-like seeing an unmoderated comment waiting for me to moderate it. What is even cooler is the prospect of someone who may be considering homeschooling but has a crap load of questions and doubts stumbling upon my little blog and they read something that makes them think "If she can do it, so can I", and why yes, you can. That is how I got my inspiration and support to start. Specifically by hitting up these two blogs on a near daily showing: Just Another Homeschool Blog and Tracey's Just Another Mommy Blog as well as Tracey herself, have been a huge source to dip into. In addition to her blogs, Kristen over at The Frugal Girl had me sucked in with so many of the topics she covers - minimalizim, frugality, homeschooling, and photography. And through BlogHer's NaBloPoMo I have found some blogs which I absolutely love, for various reasons, and I wanted to show them some love. Masked Mom was so gracious to name me in her top 5 blogs for the Liebster Blog Award (which blew my mind away, might I add).
"Liebster" is a German word meaning dearest and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Awww...feel the love people, feel the love!
This is how it works:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your Top 5 blogs (with under 200 followers) and let them know by leaving comments on their blogs.
3. Post the Award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love of some of the most supportive people on the Internet.So I wanted to spread this bloggy love onto the five blogs that I have become addicted to, through commenting or creepin', thanks to my participation in NaBloPoMo.
1. Last Mom on Earth - Amanda, you are awesome! "So, now I'm a grown up. I never thought I would be good at being a regular person, but I'm figuring it out."
2. Homespun: My Simple Life in Appalachia - Lisa, your picture relax me and I love the simplicity of all you post. So refreshing.
3. A Pair of Pink Shoes - Maggie, I love your blog!
4. Random Thoughts and Musing from the Island - C., you had me at "follow me and I'll follow you"
5. Rewind Revise - Lindsey, once I clicked on your link and saw your header photo I melted.
Be sure to check them out.
PS - if I showed some love to you be sure to play along and host your own Liebster Blog Award! Keep the love going.