Sunday, June 5, 2011

Photo Review & Future Plans

Making muffins for part of his Geography Unit







Trip to Planetarium

Blowing up planets


Moon jumping

His "seat" in "school"

Little Red Schoolhouse Trip

Checking out fossils.  Little Red Schoolhouse Trip.

Little Red Schoolhouse Trip.

Gym - practicing basketball at our health club.

Gym - Swimming at our health club.

Incentive program in action.  Bowling fun day.


"Lets go out for lunch!"

Doing work at the library.

His other "seat' in "school" - not as comfy as the couch

Homeschool basketball league

Homeschool basketball league

SNOW DAY - he finished all his work so we went sledding



FUTURE PLANS - well, as of right now the plan is Math and Reading every day and one four paragraph essay each week with a rotational subject for the topic (Science, History, Geography, Nature, Art...etc.).  We are going to take full advantage of the museum free days in Chicago as well as the free child fare program with Metra so we can take those trips; in addition to the free library passes to Cantigny, Brookfiled Zoo and other cool places locally. 
My plan in to get off of 3rd shift permanently as of August so that I can pull Chris from school too.  I'm hoping that my current employer is able to help make that happen.  I am also a realist and know that they don't want me off of 3rd shift (the disadvantage of being a person who actually does their job, and quite well), so I have been actively searching for a new job for about a month now.  We will see.  
Our first day of school for the 2011-2012 school year will be September 6th and we will go until May 25th. 
Cody is excited about this upcoming year, Chris wants to stay home as well.  I'm excited about doing it all again.  I have been able to form an awesome relationship with Cody that I otherwise would not have if he were still going to public school.  The Cody I see on a daily basis is who he really is, and that is a pretty cool thing to experience instead of tween angst and all that goes with it.  I'm not saying that won't come, I'm just saying outside influences are not dictating who my child is.  He gets to be whoever he wants to be without fear of criticism or bullying or mocking.  He also gets to decide what he wants to study as well as the pace at which he studies it.  And he is doing really, really well.  And with that I leave you with one more photo.
Cody with the lead singer of Idol for Hire after a concert.
  This, this right here, this is the REAL Cody.  And that is pretty fricking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.