Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 5 Update

Still trying to get into the groove of the new schedule.  I have it mapped out in Excel, it looks good - lets just see if it can be put into place though. 
Cody is adjusting well to being at home.  I'm getting to know him better.  Isn't that weird?  I'm finding out things about my kid I never knew.  But I guess that's to be expected since I'm spending hours a day with him.
My own schedule has been thrown into a spin-cycle though.  I'm working overnights now, finding time to sleep and teach and do everything else is proving to be interesting to say the least.  Homeschooling trumps everything else though, it has to.  Once my set work schedule is in place it will become easier to plan things out.
Oh, I wanted to mention a little something about our incentive program that we have in place.  It isn't working.  Actually, more specifically, Cody isn't working it.  Except for the first week, which was only 3 days long, Cody has not received another 1 hour video game card or earned three consecutive weeks in a row to go on an outing.  Him not achieving this made me want to rethink what I had him doing school wise.  Is it too much?  Is it too hard?  I realize it's neither of these, he's just not rising to.  And there is nothing short of blatant bribery or lowering my expectations of him that I can do to help him.  This is on him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.