Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 3 Update

This week was jacked up.  Oh my!  Cody spent most of Monday with his dad since he has MLK day off.  Tuesday my youngest son had the day off of school too - total distraction!  I had two rounds of interviews for a job that fell smack dab in the middle of both of the days. 
All of this chaos made me rethink the spreading multiple subjects out over the day to accomplish the end goal by Friday.  I'm thinking that we may experiment with dedicating days to subjects (like Monday will be Spelling, History and Grammar, Tuesday will be Poetry, Drawing and Memory, etc...).
So this week Cody completed the his History Unit, Grammar and Memory (which resulted in a fictional story being written on Friday incorporating all 20 Grammar words and the Memory verse), we touched very briefly on Poetry, he continued to improve his 3D drawing, Dave did Algebra with him, he is still reading The Hunger Games and working on chapter comprehension questions...I'm sure I'm forgetting something - whatever.
Cody also launched his blog Fuzzy Purple Bananas which is modeled after this blog and this blog.  I'm a big fan of The Frugal Girl and turned to her 365 photo blogs (and her sons) for ideas to help Cody create his.
So this week in homeschooling terms was shot!  Didn't complete nearly all that I wanted to with Cody.  Starting new this upcoming week and I will let you know how the day specific work pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.