Monday, December 13, 2010

Once It's Sent Certified Mail It's OFFICIAL

This morning while Cody was eating breakfast he motioned his head towards some paperwork on the dinning room table and asked "What's that?"
"The letters that I need to send out today to let them know that we are withdrawing you from school and we will be homeschooling you." 
"Oh, okay"
"Do you still want to do it?"
"Yep"
"You sure, because once I send the letters that's it?"
"I only have to do like three hours of school work a day?"
I nod yes
"...and I don't really have to do anything in January?"
"Well, technically no.  We will be going to the library and to museums and on field trips so that we can figure out what you want to study and I'm sure Dave will be assigning Algebra."
"Okay, that's cool."
He then gets up to put his breakfast dishes in the sink and heads to the bathroom to brush his teeth.
Note to self - conversational skills need to be covered.  What I'm dying to know is what he is really thinking, what he really feels about what is about to happen.  What we have gotten is that he will miss one specific teacher because she is funny, his net-book and his friends.     

I just returned from the post office where I sent two letters certified mail with confirmations.  One is going to the administration center and the other to the school that Cody currently attends.  Effective January 5, 2011 we will be homeschooling him.  As of right now I don't have any lesson plans or goals set, but it's official and it's going to be fine.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to post a comment over here at Educational Anarchy. In encouraging you to comment with differing opinions, I also ask that you keep all comments "nice". I reserve the privilege to not only delete your comment if I feel that it is offensive, a personal attack or otherwise obnoxious, but to also use it as possible future blog post material.